KeraVet Bio CEO and Chief Science Officer, Dr. Luke Burnett, presented to a panel of animal health industry experts on August 30, 2022, at the Midland Theatre in downtown Kansas City. This presentation was the culmination of many months of work with our one-on-one advisor, David Soorholtz of VetSense, LLC, as well as three reviews with a panel of animal health experts who helped us to prepare the final presentation. This panel included Tammy Platt,PhD, with Nestle Purina PetCare Global Resources, as well as Kyle Montgomery of Ceva Animal Health and many more.
This presentation was made at the KC Animal Health Corridor’s 17th Annual Animal Health Summit. The event brings together industry innovators for two days of networking, business partnering, programming insights and, of course, emerging company presentations.
This year the technologies featured by emerging companies included:
- Biosecurity management
- Improved wound-care treatment
- Peptide nanocarrier platforms for vaccine delivery
- DIVA vaccine for Classical Swine Fever
- Technology that influences embryonating check to develop females rather than males
- Method to suppress estrus in cattle
- Cancer diagnostics
- First-ever, zero-touch vital sign monitoring and pet technologies
2022 Judging Panel
Founder and CEO at Nutripeutics
FK Consulting and Chairman of the Board of Pet Medix
Senior Director Business Development at Zoetis Inc.
Owner, C.S. Wallace Investments + Strategy
In addition to the emerging company presentations, the event featured multiple panels and presentations on topics most pertinent to those in animal health, including:
- Women in leadership panel discussion
- Do’s and don’ts from investors
- Sustainability in agriculture insights
- Industry awareness where the most pressing topics are discussed in an interactive group forum
- Transitions in Innovation in Animal Health